Daniel K. Daniel is a Nenwe native of the state of Aninri LGA Enugu, Nigeria, whose full name is Daniel Kanayo Daniel, commonly known as DKD.
Daniel K. Daniel is an actor, model, artist event director, and philanthropist who became popular for his role in the film “A Soldier’s Story” He was born in Maiduguri, Borno state in northern Nigeria, on 22 May 1986
Family: Father | Mother | Siblings
In a family of four children, Daniel happened to be the first son, He’s got two younger brothers and one last sister.
His Dad was an Engineer, and his Mother Kande Daniel was a Tv and radio Journalist and ex Nigerian national President of Nigeria Association of Women Journalists, She is the Nigerian Minister of Power on Media Matters ‘ Special Advisor at present.
His father, Engr Chris Daniel, died in a car accident in Port Harcourt when he was just 18 so he had to move with his siblings to Abuja to join their mother.
- Name: Daniel Kanayo Daniel
- Net Worth: $2 Million (2021)
- Date of Birth: 22 May 1986.
- How old | Age: 34 Years old (2021)
- Profession: Acting & Modeling
- Place of Birth: Maiduguri, Borno State
- State of Origin: Nenwe, Enugu State
- Married/Single: Married
- Spouse/Wife: Teena Daniel (m. 2017)
- Child: 1 (2019)
Education | Career
He graduated from Nnamdi Azikiwe University in the State of Anambra, with a Bachelor’s Degree from Applied Biochemistry. He is born in the south-east region of Nigeria in Aninri Local Government Area, Enugu State. Daniel had been raised partly in Abuja, Port Harcourt, and Enugu.
Daniel Kanayo Daniel studied the Command Child School in Enugu, he was the leader of the drama and debate club in his primary school during his primary school days in Command Children’s School, he is a smart kid and he is always on top of his class.
After completion of his primary school, he was subsequently transferred to Enugu Federal Government College in 1999 for his secondary education.
Daniel K. Daniel wanted to be a pilot and had three role models in his family who are fighting pilots. Air Marshal Ibrahim Alfa who was is his foster grandfather and Nigeria’s former Chief of Air Staff, other three of his uncles namely Air Vice-Marshal Chris Chukwu, John Chukwu and Shu’aibu Alfa was Air Vice-Marshal.
He was diagnosed with “myopia,” and this brought an end to his dream of becoming a pilot, medical professionals told him that becoming a pilot with a poor eye would be difficult to achieve for him.
He was part of the cast of ‘ Story Story ‘ and ‘ Neighbour My Neighbour ‘ from the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC).
He kickstarted his professional modeling career in Awka Anambra state where he schooled and following the completion of his university education he decided to Gusau, Zamfara State in the northern part of Nigeria where he managed his uncle’s business “Twinkles Catering Service” for around 4 months.
He has a work record with Orkin Nigeria/USA in 2011/2012 he traveled to Dubai on the company’s account for the brand’s photoshoot, For 2012 he was also a fashion model for MissDee Abuja.
For Zandas Cosmetics he did a series of TV ads. When he returned from the university to Abuja, he participated in a few runway shows as well as in the Abuja Moroccan Fashion Show.
Daniel was dragged to a movie audition with a supermodel called Steiner Eunice Opara after one of the modeling shows.
The directors at the audition were pleasantly surprised by his skillful performance and handed him his debut acting role in the TV series titled “All About Us” in 2009.
He then went ahead to be a part of the cast of ‘ Story Story ‘ and ‘ Neighbour My Neighbour ‘ from the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). He was also starred in BBC movie directed by Mark Kusare, titled “Sarah’s Choice”.
Following his immense success with “Sarah’s choice,” Daniel Kanayo Daniel took played the antagonist in the Amstel Box office movie titled “The Child,” which was directed by Izu Ojukwu.
He went ahead to feature with other popular celebrities in Nollywood like Mercy Jonson, Funke Akindele, Chigozie Atuanya, Queen Nwokoye, Ruth Kadiri and Alex Ekubo in another blockbuster movie titled “Ladies Men” as directed by Afam Okereke.
Wedding | Marriage to Wife | Children
So, on Saturday, November 18, 2017, the prolific Nollywood actor, Daniel K. Daniel, and his sweetheart, Teena, got married. Teena is a beauty blogger, the duo became a couple starting with their blissful traditional wedding in Anambra state in Nnewi in line with the Igbo traditional culture and heritage.
On the 23rd of May 2019, the actor and his wife Teena became proud parents as they welcome their first child in Atlanta Georgia, USA.
Awards and Nominations
- In 2014, he was nominated for two movie awards and won both awards namely the “Best New Actor” City People Award and a “Revelation of the Year” Best of Nollywood Award.
- In 2015, Daniel earned the AFRIFIMO Awards in Maryland, USA, for “Best Upcoming Actor.”
- He was also nominated for the “Best Actor” award for his impressive portrayal of BossMan, A Rebel group leader in the films “Soldiers Story,” in the Africa Magic Viewers ‘ Choice Award (AMVCA) 2016.
Daniel Kanayo Daniel has made a lot of success and achievements as an actor and he is named among the wealthiest actors in Nollywood currently his estimated networth stands at around $2 Million.
|‘A Soldiers Story’||‘Ladies Men’,||‘Under’ which was filmed in Ghana,|
|‘Paint My Life’, ‘Tempest’,||‘Lions of 76’, ‘Jujuwood’,||‘Body of the King’,|
|‘Book of Magic’,||‘Mummy Dearest’,||‘A Long Night’,|
|‘Bambitious’,||‘Devil in Red’,||‘Fearless Lions’,|
|‘Chimaobi’,||‘Dise’s Secrets’,||‘Save A Life’,|
|‘Amiable’,||AMBO4 (Amstel Malta Box Office) Movie – “The Child”,||BBC Movie – “Sarah’s Choice”,|
|MNET Movies – “Same Difference”,||“Perfectly Flawed”,||“MatchMaker”,|
|“Girl”||“I’m Audrey”.||EbonyLife TV Comedy Series – “Madam Sarah’s House”.|
- Daniel K. Daniel Instagram: @danielkdaniel (1 Million followers)
- Daniel K. Daniel Twitter: @realdanieldkd
- Daniel k. Daniel’s phone number is not currently available online
- Kunle Afolayan Biography: Age, Wife, Net Worth, House, Movies
- Austin Faani Biography: Age, Wife-Chacka Eke, Net Worth, State, Marriage, Children, Facts
- Genevieve Nnaji Biography: Age, Net Worth 2021, Husband, Daughter, Movies
- Who is Sola Fosudo? Age, Marriage, Awards, Facts
- Olumide Oworu Bio, Age, Phone number, wife, Net worth, songs, Facts
- Rita Daniels’ Biography: Age, Family, Children, State, Net worth 2021 & facts
- Tom Holland Net Worth 2021
- Seun Akindele Biography, Age, Net Worth,Instagram, Marriage, wife, Movies
- Adekola Tijani Biography, Age, Wife-Kuburat, Phone, Facts
- Joseph Van Vicker Net worth, Biography, Wife-Adjoa, Movies, Career, Age