MTN is filling the gap for providing digital financial services by way of making available accessible safe and reliable transactional services through agency banking. This is coming after CBN has approved super-agent, the MTN digital financial service has also been licensed to provide agent banking services.
MTN MoMo Agent is making it possible to offer financial services such as fast money transfer and deposits, topups for other telecoms such as Glo, Etisalat, and Airtel.
MTN MoMo agents can perform a range of financial services such as the ones we listed above and others like opening accounts for people so they can make easy withdrawal and deposits. With these accounts, they can as well make payments for their utility bills without having to visit the banking hall.
Customers using other telecoms providers, be it 9mobile, Etisalat, Glo MTN and Airtel can use the service of MTN MoMo agents to get their phones recharged with Airtime or data.
Basically, MoMo agents offer cash withdrawal and transfer services nationwide. They help customers to cash and send money to all parts of the country. The process is fast, easy, and convenient when compared to what you have to go through with long queues in the bank when you have to perform simple transactions like withdrawing cash or making a transfer.
MTN MoMo agents can be found in all the 774 local governments of the country, and they have been sophisticated with all necessary elements to deliver reliable, fast, and secure banking services to millions of Nigerians on a daily basis.
What MoMo Agents do:
- Send and receive cash across the country
- Help you pay for Utility Bills such as Electricity, Waste, Water etc.
- Buy airtime and data
- Deposit cash
- Make transfers
Here are the requirements to become an MTN MoMo agent:
- You are expected to be able to provide working capital and that is above 20000 naira
- You must have an existing business or be interested in starting a small financial agency of your own
- You’re also required to have a stationed retail shop where people can come find you. The location of your retail shop is best to be in high-traffic locations.
- Have a valid means of identification such as an international passport, voters card, driver’s license or NIMC ID card.
- One recent passport photograph.
How to apply to Become MTN mobile Money Agent
Visit the nearest MTN outlet close to you then pick up a MOMO agent.
Carefully fill out the details and have it submitted back to the MTN MOMO field staff.
You will be scheduled for a planned visit in order to check that you have met with all the requirements and you’re good to go.
As a MoMo agent you will not be needing active internet to process your transactions, all of the processes have been designed to work on your basic mobile devices all you just need to do is make sure that you’re up to process new request coming from customers.
To check for your commission Balance:
You can use the USSD code 5028*3# to check for your Commission balance
How to locate a Mobil Mogent Agent
To find the nearest mobile money agent close to you in your area, dial *223# and followup on the information. You will be provided with a list of agents, their addresses, and possible contact details at no extra cost.
- How to Check UBA Account Balance: USSD Code & Mobile banking
- How To Start POS Business In Nigeria
- How To Transfer Money From Diamond Bank to Other Banks
- How to Perform Wema Bank Cardless Withdrawal without ATM card
- Zenith Bank Mobile Internet Banking App: 10 transactions you can perform
- How to Open Diamond Bank Account Online
- 10 Easy Transactions on First Bank Mobile Internet Banking App
- How to Buy Airtime/Data from Ecobank (USSD Code for Money transfer)
- How to Fund Opay Account Number from All Mobile Bank Apps in Nigeria
- UBA CashFast: Transfer Funds anywhere Nationwide