What is human if not effective communication? Communication is imperative in the lives of men because it is a classical method of passing information across.
It is also a backbone of relationships as it keeps all parties involved together, in heart and soul. Businesses can barely happen these days without proper communication. We regularly keep in touch with our loved ones through communication.
One cannot talk about the different modes of communication without mentioning cell phones. They have in recent time become more or less part of us as humans.
Due to the simplicity in its operation, cell phones have taken a lion share in the communication market, dominating every other mode of passing information.
In that same vein, telecommunication companies have sprouted out in their number and quality, to drive home this urgent need to keep our relationships alive, grow our businesses and be at heart with our loved ones and families.
In Nigeria for example, the telecommunications that are currently running are MTN, Globacom, Airtel NG and 9Mobile. It is these different telecommunication companies that offer communication services through phones.
To have access to these services, one must have a duly registered SIM card from either of the telecommunication networks on his phone.
The user also must be subscribed to airtime. Without airtime, you will not be allowed access to this service of calling to whatever destination.
Sometimes as humans we are, we may be out of cash to get subscribed to airtime. You could also be in an area where you cannot buy airtime but you want to make a call.
The interesting fact is that these telecommunication networks can allow you send a certain type of “Call me back SMS” to those you want to call but couldn’t because you are out of airtime. Sending this message is FREE but you are only allowed a few slots daily.
Another major disadvantage of this service is that you can only send such messages to numbers you share the same network with. An MTN number cannot send it to a Glo number, and vice versa.
Now I’ll take you through the various ways through which you can send these ‘Call Me Back’ SMS in MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9Mobile. Just stay with me as I go down:
How to send ‘Call me back” on MTN
MTN offers this service and to access it dial the USSD code *133#. A prompt will appear asking you to input the recipient’s number. Add the number and click enter. Usually, a list appears from which you’ll choose which type of message you want to send to the number:
- Please Call Me, I Love You.
- Please Send Me Credit.
- Please Call Me, I have a gist for you.
- Please Call Me, I Need Your Assistance.
Make your choice by responding to which one of your choices. That’s all you need to do!
How to send ‘call me back’ SMS on Glo
Glo is another popular network in Nigeria that has many users. You can use the USSD code 125 recipient’s number# to access the Call Me back SMS service.
How to send ‘Call me back’ SMS on Airtel Nigeria
In Airtel NG, there are just two options:
- Please call me, which you use the code *140* Recipient’s Number#
- Please send me credit, which you can use the code *141*8* Recipient’s Number#
How to send Call me back SMS on 9Mobile
Just like the other telecommunication networks, 9Mobile (formerly called Etisalat) have the free SMS service.
- Dial the USSD code *266*1*Recipients number# to send “Please Call Me; thank you”.
- Dial the USSD code *266*2*Recipient’s number# to send “Please Call me I landed safely”.
- Dial the USSD code *266*3*Recipient’s number# to send “Please Call Me, I am now available”.
- Dial the USSD code *266*4*recipient’s number# to send “Call me back. It’s an emergency”.
Now you can break free and connect with the world.
- How to Know your Airtel Number
- How to Gift Glo Data bundle in 2021
- How to Check My MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9Mobile number
- How to Transfer Airtime on Glo EasyShare (activation & PIN retrieval)
- How to Check MTN Ghana number & Credit Balance
- Code To Transfer Money From UBA to UBA/Other Banks
- How to borrow Credit/Airtime on Airtel, Glo, 9mobile & MTN
- How to Load (MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9Mobile) Recharge Cards
- How to know your Glo number (in one minute)
- How to migrate to MTN share and sell