Dr. Oluyinka Olutoye has been pronounced Surgeon-in-chief at the National Children’s Hospital in the US. The announcement was made on the hospital’s website to take effect from the first of August.
In 2016, Dr. Olutoye was part of the team that performed surgery on a baby in-utero in a Texas hospital.
The management of the hospital disclosed in their statement that, Dr. Olutoye, in his new appointment, will lead a medical institution which is deemed the largest children’s hospital surgery departments across the globe.
More than the fact that he will be leading eleven surgical departments, Dr. Olutoye will also play a key role in the educational impartation oncoming generation of leaders in the world of children’s surgery.
Still, on his appointment, he is also a professor and Chair of E. Thomas Boles pediatric surgery at The Ohio State University College of Medicine.
Dr. Olutoye will also serve as the primary surgical liaison between OSU College of Medicine and Nationwide Children’.
“We are tremendously delighted to welcome Dr. Olutoye to Nationwide Children’s Hospital to further elevate the visibility and reputation of one of the best overall children’s surgical programs in the country that, through its clinical care and research, is forging the future of children’s surgery,”
said Richard J. Brilli, MD, chief medical officer at Nationwide Children’s.
“Having a world-renowned fetal and pediatric surgeon join our leadership team will further advance Nationwide Children’s commitment to establishing a preeminent fetal surgery program,”
Dr. Olutoye received his medical degree from Obafemi Awolowo University in Ile-Ife, Nigeria, and earned his PhD in anatomy from Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, VA.
Facts about Dr. Oluyinka Olutoye
- He completed his residency in general surgery at the Medical College of Virginia Hospitals, Virginia Commonwealth University,
- He also completed his fellowships in pediatric and fetal surgery at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia in Philadelphia, PA.
- He is certified by the American Board of Surgery in Surgery and Pediatric Surgery.
- He is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons, the American Academy of Pediatrics and the West African College of Surgeons.
- Dr. Olutoye is a member of the American Surgical Association and the American Pediatric Surgical Association and past president of the International Fetal Medicine and Surgery Society.
- He is a graduate of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State.
- The appointment of the Nigeria, who is a pediatrician, took effect from August 1 2019, according to a report by TheCable.
Managing Director and Chief Medical Officer of the hospital Richard Brilli disclosed that the management was ‘tremendously delighted’ to have Dr. Olutoye’s expertise aboard the team
He said, “We are tremendously delighted to welcome Dr. Olutoye to Nationwide Children’s Hospital to further elevate the visibility and reputation of one of the best overall children’s surgical programs in the country that through its clinical care and research, is forging the future of children’s surgery.
“Having a world-renowned fetal and pediatric surgeon join our leadership team will further advance Nationwide Children’s commitment to establishing a preeminent fetal surgery program.”
- Ivara Esege Biography: Age, Career, Nationality, Marriage, Wife
- Top 5 Best Federal Universities in Nigeria (2021)
- How to register a birth certificate in Nigeria
- What is JAMB cut off mark for Medicine and Surgery?
- Adeline Yen Mah, Biography, Books, Age, other Facts
- 20 degree courses in Nigeria with best employment opportunities
- Top 10 Best State Universities in Nigeria
- What is T. D. Jakes Net Worth 2021?
- Who is the owner of CNN?
- Pastor Jamal Bryant, Bio, Age, Wife, Net Worth 2021, children, facts