Talking about one of the best and most popular brands of fruit-flavored candy in the world with more than 250 million in production daily then Skittles is definitely a notable one. Read on the find out more facts about Skittles.
On this page you will get information about the owner of Skittles and more facts about the flavored candy company from general history to Products.
They are manufactured and marketed by William Wrigley Jr. Company, a division of Mars, Inc. Skittles are usually made in several flavours and colours like the rainbow. The company has one of the largest social media fans with more than 25 million fans following the brand on Facebook.
For those who are eager to know; who invented skittles. The first commercial skittles were produced by an English company in Britain and was introduced to North America as an imported confectionery in 1979, and 1982 Skittles were domestically produced in the United States and spread across other parts of Europe.
Who invented Skittles? Why this is not so straightforward an answer, a simple internet search on this would lead you to Paul Michaels and Rick Walden who currently works at Mars.
The first being the current Global CEO of Mars, Inc, and Rick Walden a worker in the same company. But if the company was first commercialised in 1974, then far from it that Skittles was invented by them. Even Mars Inc.
Started producing this rainbow flavoured candies in 1979 when it was being imported from the UK into the US, which makes it clear that the company does not have a US origin.
Another source also claimed that skittles were invented by “a tiney little skittle man that actually came here from Jupitar.” though that sounds humorous and appealing.
Going by the most factual details from Mars North America, which states that“SKITTLES® Bite Size Candies were first introduced in the United States in 1974, made by a company in England. In 1982, the production of SKITTLES® Bite Size Candies began in the United States.”
Facts about Skittles for Kids
- Skittles became popular and well-accepted for its chewy fruit-flavored candy.
- The product is designed in a way that you see the hard on the outside and an “s” on one side.
- It is made available in several flavors such as lime, lemon, grape, orange, and cherry. However, the company has added several other Skittle flavors from the year 2000 to 2015, adding at least one flavor every one to two years.
See the table below to see the list of Skittle flavors and the year they were introduced into the American market.
|SKITTLES FLAVORS||YEAR INTRODUCED|
|Tropical skittles and Wild Berry Skittles||1989|
|Skittles new Bubble gum||2004|
|Skittles smoothie mix||2005|
|X-treme fruit skittles gum||2006|
|Skittles Crazy Core||2009|
|Skittles Fizzl’d Fruits™||2010|
|Dark Side Skittles||2013|
|Skittles Nutrition value|
|Nutritional value per 100 g (3.5 oz)|
|Energy||1,680 kJ (400 kcal)|
|Dietary fibre||0 g|
|Vitamin A equiv.||
- What does iger mean on Instagram?
- Mindblowing facts about Trees and Wood
- Huawei Trade ban lifted after G20 Summit
- Nikita Dragun Height, Age Net Worth 2021, Wiki, Bio, real name, boyfriend & Other fact
- The Richest Churches in The World 2021
- Johann Rupert Net Worth, Biography, Contact, Age, Wife, Children, other Facts
- Huawei denies launching its own OS next month
- Top 10 Richest Men in the World (Forbes List 2021)
- How to Migrate to MTN Awuf4u
- Whatsapp to start showing ads in 2021